Something that I have definitely noticed over the course of this month has been the relative swift change of my ability to look at a reference image and create (relatively) anatomically correct paintings. I realize I still need work, and I firmly believe that improvement for an artist is never complete – it’s a lifelong endeavor – but I am quite pleased with the changes that I am seeing in my art after being firm with myself about needing visual references for every piece of art. At least for art involving a person, and that’s what I’ve been focusing on lately.
At the beginning of the week, I set a goal to paint one picture or create one polymer clay piece per day. You saw what I did on Monday in my last post, this is Tuesday:
I actually cheated a bit, and took Tuesday mostly off as I was feeling pretty under the weather. I sketched out what I wanted to paint and did the line work, but I didn’t actually paint her until today. But I made up for it by being sure to catch up! Tomorrow, I plan to do two more.
Both of the pieces above are ACEO size (2.5″x3.5″) and are done in watercolor, white ink, and Monday’s black lines were done with a waterproof, archival pen.